Monday, June 1, 2015

Backyard Craft Party "Sew-long"

My family and I are moving back to NYC. 

After living here for almost three years, I have sewn with more people than I would have ever imagined.
It was a wonderful opportunity for me to meet so many awesome creative people. Moms with their daughters, teens with their friends, my son with other boys who otherwise would have never learned how to sew.
You have created with me in my home and have welcomed me into yours. I have sewn with you in churches, schools, living rooms, backyards and galleries.
We have made gifts, clothes, bags, toys - and friends! Lots of discoveries and conversations that I will forever cherish from my time here. I will keep you updated about my next chapter on the Facebook Page and I look forward to your news. 

Some of you were looking forward to getting old enough to take my sewing machine class or spend a week of summer camp with me. I am sorry we can't keep creating together but I hope you keep pursuing your interest in sewing and crafts. It is something you will use throughout your life for necessity - and joy. 
Look me up when you come through NYC - the best stomping ground for the arts, theater and fashion! And feel free to ask me any questions you have about your latest sewing project!

To celebrate Sewing is Social and all of you who have supported my venture, I am hosting one last Backyard Craft Party!

Thursday June 11
4-6pm
31 Fernbank Ave 
Delmar, NY 12054

There will be a variety of crafts to make and a sample sale. Come with cash to purchase craft supplies, fabric and more.

This is a family friendly, all ages event. (This is not a drop-off class). Snacks and beverages will be served and any picnic potluck items will be appreciated.
$5 per family suggested contribution.
Let me know if you have any questions and I look forward to seeing you at this annual event for one last time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment