Monday, May 6, 2013

Bouquet of Felt Tulips - A Mother's Day Gift

 I finished my mom's present with plenty of time to ship to Chicago.   As opposed to real flowers, these flowers will last until I get to visit with her again, a bright reminder of how much I love and miss her. She visited us before any plants were poking out of the ground - even though it was Spring Break! So she will have to come again in the summer to see this area blooming and green!
 I did a tutorial on making felt tulips here:
http://ameliadombrowskidesign.blogspot.com/search/label/Thank%20You

I dont get to see my mother that often. I moved from Chicago to NYC 12 years ago.  Luckily now I have a guest room for my parents to visit. They were here Spring Break week watching the kids while I taught the Spring Break craft parties. They also helped me prepare.  They didn't do much relaxing - 2 kids under 4 will make sure of that - but we had a lot of fun.  Gardening, cooking, crafting and Tasty Freeze!  Lots of bonding experiences with their grandchildren.

Here is my mom practicing a 5 strand jersey braid with Ciara.






And a gift for Ciara...
Toddler friendly place setting. Metal dishes, wood vase, felt flowers
 
Happy Mother's Day everyone. Give something from the heart. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment