Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Bean Bags and Birthdays

My grandmother made bean bags so now making them I remember her and pass on the tradition by gifting them to my many nieces and nephews.  Bean Bags are an awesome open ended toy that encourage physical activity even when "stuck" indoors. Babies and toddlers love their texture, sound and weight. 

Even better is that my son loves MAKING them. He is an excellent bean and rice scooper and filler.  And while he goes off on a construction site fantasy, I get busy at the sewing machine. 

We are in the season of a birthday party every weekend so we have been busy crafting. We made some bean bags out of space fabric for a 2 year old friend and used black slick fabric paint to draw black masks onto green canvas for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle ones - I forgot to take photos of those! But that was a first for me.  But since we are in Super Hero phase I am sure it wont be the last time I take a character and take out the commercialized commodity but keep in the fun. Dclan takes great pride in making and giving these. Plus there is cake!






I bought a huge bag of buttons at a garage sale. Ciara had a great time with them working with them.






A mess I will gladly pick up
 

3 comments:

  1. Stock is limited, but if you see customised carrier bags something you really like, email me and I will see if I can get it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Useful bean bags, wow, they can also be made into coin holders.do you have instructions how to make them? Thank you. air conditioning bel air

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bean Bags are an awesome open ended toy that encourage design a carrier bag physical activity even when "stuck" indoors. Babies and toddlers love their texture, sound and weight.

    ReplyDelete