Sunday, April 28, 2013

SPRING!

 
 I have been online a lot since starting the blog and trying to get the word out about the classes but today I was enjoying the glorious outdoors. It was so warm it was almost summer. Hose spraying rainbows, shoes off.  I am hosting Mother's Day Gift Crafting Parties and this is what you will find blooming. I am new to this neighborhood and it has opened it arms to me. I hope to give in return. This is our first home and after Brooklyn apartment living, this yard and patio are a true joy.  The quotes below are Alice Waters.

"Our full humanity is contingent on our hospitality: we can be complete only when we are giving something away; when we sit at the table and pass the peas to the person next to us we see that person in a whole new way."








 

Declan with tools to his "onion" field
"I believe that every child in this world needs to have a relationship with the land...to know how to nourish themselves...and to know how to connect with the community around them."



Thank you to the previous owners, we have this super patio furniture - come one come all!






We ended the day at the Jericho Drive-In Ice Cream Stand. Nothing beats it.


No comments:

Post a Comment